- Golden Business
- About Us
- Member Directory
- News Archive
- Link Directory
- Member Info
The Board currently has five active committees. The board created each committee and each of the committees will actively develop or recommend policies and planning for the Board to consider. The five committees are: Policy and Advocacy Committee, Events Committee, Membership, and Finance Committee.
The Policy and Advocacy Committee has six goals.
1. To be an effective voice for the membership.
2. To encourage a diverse, sustainable and competitive local economy
3. To provide advocacy at a local and provincial level for our members
4. To support dialogue between business and all governments
5. to ensure representation at every Town Council Meeting
6. To encourage participation in P&A by members at large.
The Events Committee’s goal is to create events that promote the chamber by uniting the business community.
1. To create Events that promotes the chamber by uniting the business community.
2. To create events that promotes the business community
3. Collaborate with other organizations to build events in the community
4. Continue and grow KHCCC signature events (Christmas Parade & Street Party, Trade Show, Canada Day, Business Awards Gala)
The Finance Committee goals are to explore sustainable, long-term financial solutions for the Chamber.
1. To explore sustainable, long-term financial solutions for the Chamber in line with the vision of the Chamber
2. To keep the finances of the Chamber healthy
3. To work with Events committee to expand fundraising options.
4. To review membership fees comparatively to other Chamber of Commerce
5. To investigate a once a year sponsorship level to implement at the beginning of the fiscal year
6. To work in collaboration with the Events and Membership Committee to ensure valued added marketing initiatives.
The Membershuip Committee works with the Chamber Manager to develop and grow a diverse membership, representative of the business community.
1. To gain knowledge of an established number of businesses in Golden and Area A to set a target number for KHCCC memberships
2. Develop an exit survey plan for member not renewing in 2016
3. Develop a communication plan for the promotion of the benefits of the chamber
4. To work collaboratively with Financial Committee
In hiatus an element will be added to all committees at this time and this committee will be revisited at a later date.